Our scenic Lakes & Mountains Region of Maine offers visitors so many activities and attractions that you may never want to leave. Enjoy hiking, boating, bicycling, shopping and antiquing or cinemas, summer theatres, picnicking, leaf peeping, skiing, snowmobiling & snowshoeing. Western Maine golfing options include championship courses with spectacular views. There are many scenic drives, walks and hikes that your innkeeper can recommend. Just ask!
In Our Towns
- Shawnee Peak Ski Resort – www.shawneepeak.com
- Shawnee Peak - www.shawneepeak.com
- Bridgton Academy - www.bridgtonacademy.org
- Bridgton Highlands Country Club – www.bridgtonhighlands.com
- Sportshaus Canoe & Kayak Rentals
- Rufus Porter Museum
- Magic Lantern Movie Theater
- Bridgton Twin Drive-In Movie Theater
- Five Fields Farm, apple picking, x-country skiing, snow shoeing www.fivefieldsski.com
- Animal Rescue Thrift Shops
- Evans Notch State Park
- Fryeburg Snowmobile Rentals
- Saco River Canoe & Kayak – www.sacorivercanoe.com
- Fryeburg Academy - www.fryeburgacademy.org
- Leura Hill Eastman Performing Arts Center - www.fryeburgacademy.org
- Weston’s Farm - www.westonsfarm.com
- High View Sleigh Rides – www.high-view-farm.com
- Deertrees Theatre – www.deertreestheatre.com, www.deertreestheatre.org - Musicians, comedians, variety artists, professionally produced plays.
- Naples Golf and Country Club
- Songo River Queen - Replica of Mississippi River Stern Paddle Wheelers.
- Naples Sea Plan Rides . Scenic flights over the region.
- Secret Acres Stables. Horseback riding with Indoor/outdoor arenas.
- Sebago Sailing. sunset sails, sailing lessons, rentals
- Deer Wood Farm & Gardens – www.deerwoodgarden.com
- Waterford Therapeutic Massage
- Beech Hill Bison
Around The Corner
- Stone Mountain Arts Center - www.stonemountainartscenter.com
- Oddfellows Theatre – www.oddfellow.com
- Sherman Farms- Local produce, baked goods & corn maize - www.shermanfarmnh.com
- Maine Wildlife Park – www.mainewildlifepark.com
Locke Mills, Maine
- Mt. Abram Ski Area – www.mtabram.com
New Gloucester, ME
- Shaker Village www.maineshakers.com
- Grafton Notch State Park
- Mahoosuc Guide Service (Dog sledding) – www.mahoosuc.com
- Sunday River Ski Resort – www.sundayriver.com
North Conway, NH
- Norway Country Club – www.norwaycountryclub.com
- Paris Hill Historical Site/ Hamlin Memorial Library & Museum
- Poland Spring Preservation – www.polandspringps.org
Sabbathday Lake, Maine
- Sabbathday Lake Shaker Community & Museum – www.maineshakers.com
South Paris, Maine
- McLaughlin Garden – www.mclaughlingarden.org
- Mt. Washington Cog Railway
- L.L. Bean & Outlet Shopping – www.LLBean.com
- Mt. Washington Auto Road - www.mountwashingtonautoroad.com
Beech Hill Bison Ranch
Hay rides among the herd, view calves in the spring, buffalo trading post, gourmet meats, skulls & robes, Native American products, lg. variety of gift items. Open year-round. Summer hours: 10–6, Closed Thur. Please call for hay ride schedules.
Over 50 artists exhibiting original works in oil, watercolor, acrylics, pastels, pen & ink, wood carving, baskets, furniture, ceramics, jewelry, fiber arts, photography, glass and sculpture. Open Year-round.
High View Farm
Enjoy Maine’s winter wonderland with mountain views, crisp air and jingle bells in a High View Farm horse drawn sleigh ride. Our teams of Belgian Draft Horses are gentle giants that are strong and friendly.
Point Sebago Golf Course
18-hole, Par 72, 7,002 yard championship course. “The 4th best new affordable course in North America”–Golf Digest. 500 acres of spectacular white birch forest, adjacent to magnificent Sebago Lake, catering to all levels of play.
Saco River Canoe & Kayak
At Saco River Canoe & Kayak, we run a canoe & kayak rental business on the Saco River. We help plan your trip & offer a complete shuttle service. Day trips and overnights are available.
Shawnee Peak Ski Resort
40+ trails & glades for all ability levels. 17 lit for night skiing! Provides a 1st class winter mountain vacation experience. Terrific on-mountain eateries, Peak-A-Boo child
Sportshaus Ski & Sport
In summer: kayak, canoe & sailboat rentals, 100s of swimsuits, summer clothing & many swim toys. In winter: discount ski, snowboard & snowshoe rentals. We’re a complete full service ski rental shop for all your recreational fun.
The Black Horse Tavern
Established 1987 on Rt. 302, The Black Horse Tavern is a family restaurant. Serving a diverse menu including steaks, ribs, seafood and pasta. Open Monday-Saturday at 11:00, Sunday Brunch at 10:00 and Dinner at 4:00.
White Birch Guide Service
Captain Paul Bois, Master Maine Guide, U.S.C.G. licensed, specializing in western Maine lakes for salmon, lake trout and bass. Fish the Saco River for stripers and blues. Grouse and Woodcock hunts with pointing dogs.